Sunday, November 11, 2007

My return to blogging

Hello Friends,

Some of you may remember last year when I kept a blog to share about my travels in Europe. Well, I have decided to return to that endeavor. Hopefully I will have new and exciting things to share about from a new part of the world. I have been offered and plan to accept a job teaching English in Japan. The plan is to leave in March and work there for a year and then see where the Lord leads me.

As I have been considering this new opportunity, I have felt the Lord doing things that make me believe that this is the right thing for me to do right now. First of all the position I have been offered is in Toyota, Japan, just outside of Nagoya where a friend of mine from Covenant College is doing mission's work. I had feared moving to the other side of the world, where I wouldn't know a soul, but God took care of that fear. Also, another friend of mine from college is teaching English, about two hours from my school. So I will still be near good friends. Praise God.

Another amazing answer to prayer that has come about has been someone to take over my lease in Atlanta. I am obligated to pay rent here until June, and didn't know of anyone that was looking for an apartment. But then the very same girl who took over my lease last year when I went to Switzerland said she might be interested in doing the same thing again. It was too good to be true.

These are just a few of the confirmations that I have received to make me feel that this is what I should be doing. So in March 2008, I will get on a plane and fly to the other side of the world, where I will proceed to live in a foreign country and try to teach some children how to speak English. Do I know any Japanese right now? Well, no. But that is only a minor detail :)

No comments: