If I had to describe how I feel right now with one word, it would be WOW!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm really on my way to Japan. It still doesn't seem real, even though as I am writing this I'm sitting on a plane flying in the direction of Nippon-land. These past few days have been extremely crazy. I feel like I have been running around like a mad woman packing and preparing to leave. My sister even gave me the nickname of "Crazy Woman". Thanks, Nicole. But I did finally get most of my stuff ready for this journey. I say most, because I have already thought of things that I wanted to bring, but they didn't make it into the bags. Oh well, I didn't really need that junk anyway. Don't feel sorry for me, it was nothing vital.
When I wasn't running around like a chicken with her head cut off, I was saying goodbye to family and friends. This was a very difficult task. I hate saying goodbye to people. I have felt so loved by all the encouraging words and prayers of my friends and family in these last few weeks. It was so hard to say goodbye to you and I am already greatly looking forward to seeing you all again.
Oh, and one more thing. . . I got to the airport without incidence and in plenty of time for my flight. Thanks, Elizabeth. As I was sitting there waiting to board the plane, I thought I recognized an old friend from high school. I went up to her and it really was my friend Julia. How random is that to see a high school friend at the airport, when I am on my way to Japan. It was so nice to see a familiar face.
That's about all that is on my mind right now. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. And I would love to hear how things are going back home, so please, please keep my updated. And let me know how I can be praying for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yeah she is in Japan! Miss you!
Glad you are safely there and not on some tiny island in the south Pacific :-) How cool that you met a friend in the airport! I hope she is the first of many on this trip.
Post a Comment