Monday, January 26, 2009

Home and Back Again

Wow, it has been a really long time since I have updated my blog. Sorry, about the long period of silence, folks. That is if there is anybody who reads this anymore. By the way, I'm not really sure what this post is going to be about so bear with me. Anyway, I went home for Christmas and it was so great. I spent most of my time just hanging out with friends and family. I ate a lot and I slept a lot it was a great vacation. I even think that I ate as much Japanese food in America as I do in Japan. I wanted friends and family back home to have a little taste of the foods I enjoy, so I ended up cooking a lot for people. It was great fun. I had forgotten how much I had missed doing that. It is rather hard to have hoards of people over for dinner when my apartment is so small.

Although the nice thing about having a small apartment is it takes about 10 minutes to get it looking presentable. And everything is almost always within arms reach away. I had always thought that it would be so nice to have a big giant house, but I have decided since being in Japan and seeing how completely adaquete a small apartment is that it is really much nicer. I think now I would rather have a cute little house than a big giant one. Who wants to spend their life cleaning bathrooms? Not me.

I haven't done much traveling in Japan lately. And this has made me a little restless. I really want to go on a trip one weekend. I'm not really sure where I want to go. I just know that I want to go. There are still so many things to see and do and I feel like I'm missing out. Its too late to go anywhere this weekend, but I'm going to start thinking about going next weekend.

Well that's about all, maybe the next post will be sooner than 2 months away and maybe it will actually be about one topic. Thanks for reading.

No comments: