Friday, February 27, 2009

Back up your data

Let me just start by saying that if you don't already have the files on your computer backed up, do it right now, before you even finish reading this. You will be glad that you did it. Anyway, last week my computer crashed. I don't know what happened to it. One day it was working fine and I was watching a movie. The next day I went to check my email and I got nothing. I couldn't even eject the disk I had been watching. Fortunately, for me there is an Apple store in Nagoya. So I took it to the friendly people there and they kindly told me (much to my chagrin) that the computer couldn't find the hard drive and everything I had had on the computer was gone, lost forever. They said they could fix it and since my computer was still under warranty it wouldn't cost me one penny or in my case one yen.

Without question my next step was to buy an external hardrive to prevent situations like this in the future. So again let me urge you to back up your files. I always knew it was important and something that I should do, but like flossing I didn't heed the warnings until there was a problem. Maybe I'll start flossing too before all of my teeth fall out.

And on a positive note, it is good to have my computer back and be able to be online and chat with friends. I missed you guys.

1 comment:

15010 said...

welcome back to the internet and computer world