Well friends, as many of you know I am planning on coming home from Japan in December. There are some big things going on at home that I really want to be a part of (Nicole and Annie I'm talking about you guys). So I thought it might be time to come home and figure out what to do next. As the time for my departure from Japan got closer I thought more and more about how I would miss it here. And seeing as how I have been spending all of my money on paying off school loans and traveling I didn't really have any saved up, so the thought of being jobless was a little scary.
Amity (my company now) has a position called an Emergency Teacher(ET). This person is basically a substitute teacher in case one of the Native English Teachers (NET) decides not to fulfill their contract. The ET does what I do now but gets to travel to different schools and see new parts of Japan. Anybody who knows me knows how much I love to travel, so I decided to go for it and see what would happen. I applied and interviewed. I spent the better part of the last two weeks waiting to hear if I got the job or not. Most of that time was spent praying and reminding myself that God has a plan and if He wanted me to get the job I would. And if He didn't want me to get the job I wouldn't. Yesterday, I found out that the job was mine if I wanted it.
All this means that I am still coming home in December, probably on the 7th, and that I will be coming back to Japan some time in January. I don't know how long I will be staying this time. I have a couple of options; I'm just not sure which one I will take right now. I hope this clears up some confusion about whether I am coming home or not. I know I confused some people by all of this. Sorry about that. I didn't want to tell everyone that I was applying because I didn't know if I would get the job or not. I am still really really really looking forward to seeing many of you when I get back to the States. I miss you all a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment