Monday, February 11, 2008

5 weeks to go

Wow, I can't believe how fast the time is going before it is time for me to get on a plane and go to the other side of the world. I have been studying Japanese and am really excited about the progress I am making. Even still, I know when I get there I will be completely overwhelmed by how much I don't understand. But I know God is good and He will give me experiences to encourage me in this foreign place just like He did in Switzerland.

The other day I bought my Lonely Planet guidebook for Japan. In Switzerland, I never went anywhere without my guidebook. I was able to learn so much from it and decide where I wanted to go and what I wanted to see. And now, as I am beginning to read the Japan book, it is making me excited for all the new things I will see and experience.

Tomorrow, I will have my first session of on-line training with my new company. It will deal mostly with Life in Japan, and I am very excited to see what I will learn through it. I have also received e-mails from the girl I am replacing in Japan and the girl I will work with when I get there. My co-worker-to-be is from North Carolina, so that is cool that she is an American, and Southern no less. They both seem very nice and I look forward to meeting them and getting to know them.

1 comment:

15010 said...

its about time you updated your blog :-)