Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Strawberry Picking

Last Sunday I went to Nagoya English Fellowship Church with one of my co-workers. (Side note- her mom lives in Chattanooga- crazy). Anyway, it was great to be in a church where they spoke English. I had previously been visiting a Japanese church with a friend of mine from college. I like that church a lot too.

After English church, a lot of people went strawberry picking. There was this place wehre you could pay 1200 yen about $12 and eat all the strawberries you wanted for one hour. It was great fun. They had rows and rows of greenhouses with rows and rows of strawberries inside. And you just walked down the row and ate strawberries. It was great.

The sign at the entrance to the farm.

A cherry tree at the end of its blooming, in front of the farm.

The rows and rows of strawberries that we got to eat. I ate 72 to be precise. I counted to make sure that I got my money's worth. And with the price of strawberries in Japan, I definitely got my money's worth. And I couldn't have forced another strawberry down anyway.
A small portion of the group at strawberry picking. It's a Japanese lady, me, Julie, SuJung, and my co-worker Gini. This was after the strawberry eating, and I'm surprised we haven't all turned into strawberries.

After we left her we went to a factory close by where they make rice crackers. Not only do you get to see them making the crackers, but you can eat all the free samples you want. They have samples of every kind of rice cracker they make, and they let you try it before you buy it. Its the greatest thing in the world. I wish the grocery store was set up that way. My food bill would be so much cheaper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn! These pictures are gorgeous. It looks like you had such a great time. Love ya! Beth

micahw said...

Cool--I love fresh picked strawberries.