I went down to the beach the other day with a couple of my friends. One of them is the girl I work with now in Toyota and one is the girl that used to work with me in Toyota. We rode the train for about 2 hours in order to get to the beach. It's a nice beach and I had been there before. It was just as I remembered it. There was an 80% chance of rain the day that we went, but that didn't stop us and I'm glad it didn't, because we never saw any rain, just really strong winds. The rain forecast was because there was a typhoon coming, so we felt A LOT OF wind. There was so much wind that we had to weigh down our towels with rocks and pieces of drift wood to keep them from blowing away. After the towels laid there for a while they got COMPLETELY covered in sand. It was crazy how windy it was. But it made for a nice day of playing in the waves. Since the weather was not ideal, we had the whole beach to ourselves, except for the sea creatures. We saw tons of little bitty crabs. Gini wanted to take one home, but I discouraged her from that.
I ended up falling asleep laying on the beach without any sunscreen on my back. Yeah, I paid the price for that for a few days. Maybe eventually I will learn that sunscreen is my friend.
It was a nice relaxing day, but being out in the sun wears you out. I ended up going to bed at 8:00 that night. So nice.
My co-workers told me later that Japanese people don't really go to the beach after mid-August because they say that is when the jellyfish get really bad at the beach. We didn't get stung by any and we only saw two little dead ones on the beach. I guess that is another reason we didn't see many people that day. All in all it was a nice day at the beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment