I have been buying eggs in Japan since I came here, over a year ago. Today I bought some eggs and wanted to hard-boil half of them. So I put what looked like half into the pot, and then I counted the eggs there were only five. Then I counted the eggs in the carton, there were only five. This was when I realized that they sell eggs in packs of TEN. Who sells packs of ten eggs? There are supposed to be a dozen. Then I counted the spaces in the egg container that is in my fridge and sure enough, space for only ten eggs. Come to think of it, the first couple of times that I bought eggs in Japan I thought the carton seemed small, but I just attributed it to everything being smaller in Japan. I never dreamed that they would sell ten eggs in a carton. I feel like I have been cheated of hundreds of eggs over the course of my time here. . . well maybe not hundreds, but I've definitely been cheated of dozens.
P.S. Tamago is egg in Japanese
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment