Wednesday, September 23, 2009

South Korean adventure

I had a long weekend this week, so to take advantage of it a friend and I went on a little trip to Seoul. We had decided to fly out of Tokyo because it is a little cheaper, so I took the night bus up to Tokyo to save a little money. We spent the day wandering around Tokyo, then went to the airport and caught our flight to SEOUL.

The largest bill they have is about $10, so I felt quite rich with a wallet full of 10,000 won notes. I was just a little bit excited about this trip, Gini and me on the airplane going to KOREA. We landed at 8pm, my cousin Brad met us at the airport. Thanks so much, Brad. We went to our hotel, where they could not find our reservations. They said they would figure it out in the morning and they gave us a room. Everything did in fact work out with the hotel, but I still don't know what happened. I'm just glad we had a place to stay. Since it was so late, we were starving and dying to try some delicious Korean food. We found a nice little place and ate Korean barbecue. It was sooooo good, and very different from American BBQ.

"What is Korean BBQ?" you ask. Basically the meat is cooked at your table, they give you lettuce leaves and you put the meat on the lettuce with other Korean side dishes, then you shove the whole thing in your mouth. The trick is to not get the lettuce leaf too full, because then it won't fit in your mouth. It was sooooo good. Here is our spread.
My cousin, Brad, our chef du jour.

I'm so stinkin' excited to be in Korea eating Korean food!!!! I know that I look a little rough, but give me a break it was 10:00 at night and I had slept on a bus the night before.

Gini rolling her eyes at me. She did this a lot on our vacation:)
Then we wandered around the area near our hotel. There was a river that we walked along, and beside the river they had set up a type of exercise equipment. Apparently, that is fairly common. We played on the equipment and had a nice time. Not quite sure what kind of work out you are supposed to be getting from this apparatus.

Swinging on the parallel bars.

Doing some push-ups. Then we went back to the hotel to get some sleep because we had a big day ahead of us.

Saying good bye to Brad; he had to go to work, too bad.

No comments: