Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The LARGEST mall in Japan

I recently learned that the largest mall in Japan (Aeon LakeTown Mall) is practically in my backyard. When my co-worker asked me if I wanted to go, the only answer I could think of was "ABSOLUTELY!!!" This mall is 220,000 square feet of shopping bliss. It is also supposed to be very eco friendly. It has two sections one called kaze (wind) and the other called mori (forest).

The entrance to the mall seems very small. To be honest, I was a little disappointed when we go there, but after walking around for a bit, I realized the place was HUGE. In fact I kept saying it over and over, "This place is HUGE!"

They had tons of American stores: including Krispy Kreme. Yummy.

Gotta make the doughnuts!

Burger King and many others. I felt a little bit silly taking pictures of all of the American stores.

I made my co- worker Molly pose in front of the Mori sign. Because her name in Japanese is pronounced Mori.

They even had a Barbie store, which I of course had to go in. I kind of wanted something from there, but it was all so expensive. I decided it would have to wait until another time.

I thought this fountain was awesome and I wanted my picture taken in front of it. Notice my hat and purse that were purchased at the mall.

These are all of my purchases from the 4 1/2 hours spent parousing the shops. I got a hat, a bottle of tea, a new purse, which I had been needing/wanting, tons of tights and leggings and socks. I can't wait to wear them. You can't tell from the picture but the tights have designs and sparkles on them. They aren't just plain black. I also got some mint tea, jam from St. Coussair (it is soooooo good), two shirts for work, a pair of capris to work out in, and cute pink striped shorts.


All in all not a bad day of shopping. I'm already looking forward to my next trip there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would so love to go to this mall!! 220,000 feet, you said?? That is amazing!!! Checking flight times to Japan, as we speak. LOL.