Well, I had always thought of myself as an independent person. I think that is just a quality that comes naturally to the first born child. I want to do everything by myself, and I want to do it right the first time. Living in a foreign country where I don't speak the language has shown me that independence is impossible. I can do nothing on my own. I cannot do even the most basic things without someone there to translate or walk me through the process. I can't even read a sign that tells me when the library is open. I have to guess at what it says and then wonder if I am right or not. This is all very frustrating.
And it reminds me that even if I was back home or could understand Japanese, I still wouldn't be able to do this thing called life on my own. We all need Jesus to save us and reveal His will for our lives. But right now for me, that is so blatantly obvious. I may not be able to do anything apart from my Savior, but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. And that is a beautiful thought that makes me think, maybe I will survive this year. And hopefully I will even enjoy parts of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment