Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Maybe they are learning something
Funny thing happened the other day. So, there are two kinds of lessons. Floor lessons and Table lessons. Floor lessons usually have kids that are babies, toddlers and preschool age. And table lessons are the kids that are school age. So I was teaching a floor lesson the other day. It was a private lesson so it was just Takumi, the student, and his mom. Whenever I hold up a picture or an object I usually ask, "What's this?" And the goal is for the student to learn what is on the card and say that. They never have to repeat the phrase "What's this?" So I was holding up cards and going through the lesson and I was transitioning to the next activity, Takumi picked a hair up off of the floor and said "What's this?" in English. I said "hair" and took it from him and threw it in the trash. His mom and I both laughed. So maybe these kids are learning a few things from me. I guess there is something to be said for constant repetition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment