Sunday, July 26, 2009

IT HAPPENED!!!!!

I have been in Japan for over a year now and one of the things that I heard about a lot before I came was the large number of earthquakes that Japan gets. So I figured I would feel more than my fair share while I was here, not so, not yet. But this morning I was talking to my grandma in Iowa and we were chatting away and I felt the tiniest shaking and I told her that the ground was shaking but only the tiniest bit. Then it happened. There was AN EARTHQUAKE. OK granted, it was still a small one. But when you live practically your whole life in Tennessee and there is zero chance of an earthquake it is quite frightening when the seemingly solid ground beneath your feet begins to shake. I admit it, when it happened I screamed. Just as quickly as it had started, it stopped. I'm glad that I was talking to someone when it happened, because then I didn't feel so alone. So there you have it, my first experience of an earthquake. I can not imagine how scary a big earthquake would feel and I hope I never have to find out. Praise the Lord for His continued protection and provision.

No comments: